Hsv 1 dating

Oral herpes can be transmitted by kissing, sharing eating utensils or drinks, or during sex.Since oral herpes can be contracted from both Type 1 and Type 2 strains of the Herpes Simplex Virus, our doctors recommend getting tested for both of these HSV strains at the same time.The defendant argued that there was no precedent for the plaintiff to bring her lawsuit against him because established legal precedent regarding the negligent transmission of STDs, such as herpes, only applied to genital-to-genital contact, and that any transmission of the disease in this case was through oral-to-genital contact.

It was discovered that the defendant had been diagnosed with HSV-1 six years before, and had experienced and received treatment for cold sores since 2006.Oral herpes is most often caused by the HSV-1 strain, but oral herpes can also be caused by the HSV-2 strain.Approximately 80 percent of oral herpes cases are caused by HSV-1, while the remaining 20 percent are caused by HSV-2, and 75%-80% of Americans carry at least one Herpes Simplex Virus (Type 1 or 2).Men and women who come in contact with HSV-1 or HSV-2 infections are at risk of contracting oral herpes.Since oral herpes is transmitted through skin-to-skin contact including kissing and oral sex, anyone engaged in oral-genital or genital-genital sex may also be at risk.

Leave a Reply